04 November, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAY!!!

Nate: It's true, ladies and gentlemen! I'm sitting here at the upstairs computer beside Matt Pitchford listening to The Princess Bride on the DVD player and having difficulty with the unfamiliar keyboard. Stupid keyboard.

For our first act, Matt Pitchford shall interview my goodself, Nate Mathews, who was the original instigator of this whole idea. So without further ado, I turn the keys over to Matt. Take it away, Matt.

Matt: Well, the only reason I decided to get this blog was if you decided to do it with me. As such, I think the good readers need some true insights into the co-founder of the esteemed Radical Traditions ... and I really can't think of a question that the readers could possibly be interested in. Ah well, some unverified rumors contend that you will be leaving the team ... is this true?

Nate: Alas, Mr. Pitchford, the rumours are hereby verified. Lord willin' and the crick don't rise I'll be joining the Air Force and shipping out as soon as I can. Which these days is a couple months. And while it's possible that I can continue posting, it should not be counted on. On the other paw, you've brought me back from the brink more than once, so perhaps I will continue. But I hear that you'll be going off to college soon yourself? What will the future of Radical Traditions be?

Matt: I am in the midst of college applications as we speak. As of now, I am waiting for letters of admission or rejection, but I certainly intend to scuttle off to some institution of higher learning. I will certainly endeavor to continue the blog throughout my experience "on campus." The posting will continue its haggard schedule, but Radical Traditions shall certainly not perish without an effort. What efforts do you intend to persue as you go the way of Maverick?

Nate: Oh I'll probably not be flying. My top five jobs will include things like Intelligence, Crypto-Linguistics, Music, Computers, and Communications. It just depends where the Air Force and God want me. A primary goal of joining the USAF, though, is establishing myself for the establishment of my household. But tell us, Matt, why the name "Radical Traditions?" Does the name refer to you and Nate? I mean I?

Matt: The name Radical Traditions was your idea, you know. I've always thought of the blog as referring to the fact that we are two "warrior-poets" thrust upon a relativistic and depraved quagmire that is current society. (Honestly, I had Nate help me put that sentence together. I was a bit too "brief" for his own tastes.) Basically, we are two traditionalists in a world that has become so twisted that our "old" ideas become radical in and of themselves. That's always what I've thought and espoused. Alas, we have spent far too much time engaging in conversation, reveling in each other's company, that we must draw this conversation to a close with one final question: What is the average velocity of an unladen swallow?

Nate: What? I don't know that! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Exeunt, pursued by a bear

1 Comments:

Blogger the traveler said...

Nate-best wishes on your Air Force adventures.

Matt-I'm excited to see which college God places you in!

22 November, 2006 23:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter stats