05 October, 2006

Straight Outta Lynwood

I picked up Weird Al Yankovic's newest album, "Straight Outta Lynwood," and I must say I really do enjoy it. There're only one or two yawners (Confessions Part III and Do I Freak You Out in particular), but the rest are very good. An interesting thing to mention is there are more originals than he usually does, and I think the CD is better for it. Of course, maybe that's just because you don't have to do much to music these days to make it sound ridiculous. Ah, the poor satirists...

-"Pops"

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Pitchford said...

Nate,

You just like the CD because you can relate to more than 90% of the lyrics in "White and Nerdy."

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/whitenerdy

-Matt : )

05 October, 2006 22:23  
Blogger Nate Mathews said...

Actually, I know I'm a geek 'cause I caught and laughed at every single joke he makes in that song. :-D

05 October, 2006 23:27  
Blogger Elyse said...

Oh man, when I first read this post I laughed. I laughed because this blog is usually very serious. I didn't think that either of you would like Weird Al. Weird Al is pretty funny.

I've been coming to this blog for a while, I found it through Jaho, Jesta and Cyd. I just haven't commented before. *hangs head in shame* I was a lurker on this blog.

06 October, 2006 22:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter stats